Saturday, May 16, 2009

Graduation ....Oh the tears..






Last night was Keaton's Pre-School Graduation ceremony....I am so proud of him...Yes, I am proud he graduated Pre-School...I think it's a great milestone..he has learned so much this past year. And I feel better about letting him go off to Kindergarten with the knowledge he has..

I tear up whenever I think about this..Wasn't he just born the other day..He will be 5 years old in 2 weeks..where did that time go..People tell me it goes fast, but I never thought it would go this fast..

I have so much invested in this kid..It took me forever to have him,and now that he is here..I wonder..do I tell him I love him enough, do I spend enough time with him, do I teach by example. Trying to raise a young man is tough. You want them to be a little boy, and love all things little boys love, but you want them to be sensitive, to grow up and respect girls, and treat everyone with respect.

I love this little boy..and am so grateful for him..I know I can be hard on him sometimes, there are nights when I want to wake him up from his sleep and tell him I am sorry for not being the best mommy that day and tell him how much I love him..but then I know he would never go back to sleep and I scratch that idea..lol..

When they say time flies..I know what that means now..I used to wish for time to hurry up..everything went so slow it seemed...but now I wish things would slow down just a little..

Anyways enough of the blubber..here are some pics of his special day..

Enjoy..

The Proud Mommy..

7 comments:

Rachelle Underwood said...

Erica! We seriously think the same things! I agree w/ every statement that you said about raising boys, feeling inadequate sometimes, and realizing how fast they grow. I already feel that way w/ Cameron, he is not a little baby anymore, he is will be crawling before I know it, and who knows if we will have another one. I wish we lived closer, I miss my Friends in AZ, and I miss the ward! Much love!

Savannah said...

He looks soooo cute! It IS so sad our little boys are growing up so fast! Trevor is graduating from preschool next week....I know I'll tear up like I do for everything else! Where is Keaton going to school next year?

See you Sunday!

Amy Savage said...

I hear you loud and clear! We only have so long to have these children under our roofs and I, too, sometimes (usually) want to wake my son up and promise to be a better mommy tomorrow. They are so priceless.

Liz said...

Erica, love the pics! I agree, it seems like just yesterday I got home from my mission and you and Cy were telling me all about your newborns. It's crazy.

Cylee Pressley said...

What a beautiful post. Keaton is a handsome little boy and I think you are a awesome mom! Now on to the next phase of being a parent.

Love ya,

Savannah said...

Erica-thank you so much for your comments....you're always so sweet!
We should get together some time, and let the boys play--I know Trevor would love that! Just a few weeks ago, he said, "mom, I really want one of my friends to come over to play, like Keaton". :)

Bowman Family said...

This made me sad because Rachel refused to do preschool with Carole this year. She just wanted Mimi time. That turned out to be a blessing since they are in CA now, but I miss Carole and those adorable little graduation caps! Keeton looks so adorable! Looks like you guys have had a great summer. Kindergarten here we come!