Monday, February 16, 2009

Happy Valentines Day...

I know I am a few days late..

I had a nice Valentines Day...

I have to say I am touched by my men in this house...
You all know my Husband...he is what we call a penny pincher, ha..
Weeks before V-Day, he says, don't get me anything , I don't want anything..V-Day is a ridiculous Hallmark Holiday..blah blah..,
So I thought..Fine, I won't ..of couse I do anyway..just some chocolates, and a card, but something..
I did not expect anything...
Well on V-day morning, he got the kids up and said let's go..he took them to Michael's , they picked out some nice silk flowers, a vase, some thing to decorate it with..they put together a nice floral arrangemnet for me..yes it is simple..but the meaning behind it, means everything.

Jeff told me..."I am trying to raise 2 young men here, I want them to grow up and treat their future wives like queens..I don't want them to be like me in this area..It is my resposibility to teach them this value...

I am so grateful for Jeff...He always does the right thing...he is a good Father and Husband...I know he loves me, and our Children, and I cannot ask for anything else..

except maybe a pedicure....ha..Which I got as well, for V-day...:)

3 comments:

Tara said...

oh that is so cute. How sweet. Good for Jeff for taking the boys and doing that. That was a good idea! That is nice that you got a pedicure too. Doesn't it feel so great when your feet look pretty!

Cylee Pressley said...

That was really sweet. Sweet of him to do that with his boys. Nothing gets me more than when Mike is teaching or doing something with the kids....I LOVE watching that.

Rachelle Underwood said...

That is so sweet! Just when we think our penny pincher husbands never do anything for the holidays, they surprise us with thoughtful, inexpensive gifts, that mean EVERYTHING. Jared and Brent made valentines, and got me flowers, it meant the world. I guess it's good to not expect too much, then we are pleasantly surprised.