Tuesday, March 3, 2009

The Question I have been dreading for almost 5 years..

MOM IS THAT A TATOO ON YOUR ARM????????


UGH...I thought I would have another couple of years before that came up..ha..


It was pretty funny trying to explain to him..that When Mommy was young she did this, and she really regrets it..


Keaton: Why don't you like it?

Me: Well, I don't think we should treat our bodies that way..

Keaton:, I guess it's just for guys then?, just boys get tattoos..

Me: Oh no...Boys should not have them either...(As I am panicking with the thought, he would want one..ha)

Keaton: well, someone's mom probably took their kids to get it done..ha..(that was my fav line)

Me:.Yeah I don't think so bud..Momm'ys don't like their kids to have them.

Keaton: Well, Guess you were not thinking right huh??

Me:Exactly...


Now is the time I pray ...that Keaton does not come home someday with a tattoo, and blame it all on me...:)


If it wasn't 200 degrees in March in AZ..I would not have been wearing short sleeves and we might have avoided this convo for another few years...ha..


Oh well..I knew it was coming..Boy I hope he makes better decisions than me..., He is a good kid..I know he will...


I hope I don't offend anyone reading this with Tattoo's I don't mean to...I just regret mine, I was young, and I did not think it through...and Now they are a permanent part of my body..No meaning to the one on my arm at all..just thought it "looked cool".., and said let's do it..and I did, and now I hate it...


now I am babbling...time to end...


:)

3 comments:

Cylee Pressley said...

I think you handled that converstion really well. The boys have already asked me about mine and I told them it was a yuckie stain that I wish would come off. One day we will have a more in depth conversation about it but I, like you, don't look forward to that.

Its about time you blogged!

Savannah said...

You are so sweet! Thank you for your comments....I sure hope everything goes good at Keaton's allergy test!! You'll have to let me know how everything goes.

Thanks again! See you Sunday!

----Savannah

Rachelle Underwood said...

FUNNY! Thanks for the laugh. I want Jared to get a tatoo on his left ring finger, since he doesn't wear a ring.