Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Homemade Tortillas and Refried Beans...


So...I decided that I wanted to make my own homemade Tortillas and Refried Beans..


I was a little scared..My mom used to make them A lot..and all though, I don't think the Tortillas turned out quite as good as my mom's..I have to say not bad for my first time..I definately will have a very hard time eating canned refried beans ever again...They turned out great...Though Jeff thinks they needed more salt...he's a boy what does he know ..:)


anyway , here is a picture of my creation...


If the economy keeps going the way it is ....and inflation takes us over...I will be glad to say...I could live off my tortillas and beans for a long time...:)


3 comments:

Tammie said...

Looks yummy! I'm right there with ya, I could eat beans and tortillas everyday. Who doesn't love a bean burro??! Well I want to let you know you have been TAGGED by me. Check out my blog for the rules. Have fun:)

Cylee Pressley said...

I am really proud of you. That actually looks pretty darn good.
I will have to call and ask you how to do it again. I need to do more experimenting with my beans.

I like your new background too.

Rachelle Underwood said...

I have always wanted to make homeade tortillas, but have never had the guts. Did you use a tortilla press? We miss you guys too...we are still getting to know people, and getting established. Brent's good, and baby is kicking and growing.